Gospel Ramah Church
Elder Gape Mogotsi
9 June 2019
Every time God wants to do something great and a major work in and through us (healing, miracles, etc) God entices His people into prayer. - God will not move until His people pray.
2 Chronicles 7:14 The issue of prayerlessness is an issue of pride. - When you pray, you show humility and your need for God. - Every time God wants to heal, He calls us to pray.
Who is the Spirit of our intercession?
The Spirit behind our intercession isn't a force or an 'it'.
1. He is God Romans 8:26-28 (AMPC) The Spirit of our intercession is not a thing but the third Divine of the Holy Trinity = He is God!
Romans 8:26-28 (The Message) Meanwhile, the moment we get tired in the waiting, God’s Spirit is right alongside helping us along. If we don’t know how or what to pray, it doesn’t matter. He does our praying in and for us, making prayer out of our wordless sighs, our aching groans. He knows us far better than we know ourselves, knows our pregnant condition, and keeps us present before God. That’s why we can be so sure that every detail in our lives of love for God is worked into something good.
Genesis 1:1 - God = Elohim - One God manifested in plurality. - During creation, He is the Spirit that was hovering on earth whilst Jesus was the Word that brought creation to being. - The Holy Spirit is God Himself.
Acts 5:3-4 Never do something because of peer pressure. - Your actions should be based on what the Holy Spirit has prompted you to do. - Peter referred to the Holy Spirit and God as One.
Matthew 12:31-32 You cannot blasphemy against the Holy Spirit. - For your intercession to be effective, you need to acknowledge the Holy Spirit as God.
2. He intercedes the will of God Romans 8:26-28 (AMPC) The Holy Spirit helps us to pray according to the will of God. - He knows the right time when God should answer your prayers.
3. He is our Helper John 14:16 (AMPC) Jesus was confident of God honoring His request of Him giving us another Helper in His likeness. - Jesus's confidence was based on His relationship with God. - The Holy Spirit as a Helper will never leave nor forsake you.
Helper: - Comforter - To produce a state of ease when someone is in distress. Once you are comforted, you are able to comfort others. - Advocate - The Holy Spirit publicly endorses you and also defends you when you are being attacked. - Intercessor - He fights your battles. - Counselor - He gives you guidance - Strengthener - The Holy Spirit has your back covered (Revelation 12:10). He backs you up when the accuser accuses you. - Standby - The Holy Spirit is waiting to be deployed just in case you are in need of His help.
Romans 8:15 -17 (AMPC) Abba Father - an affectionate way to call God.
4. He teaches us all things John 14:26 (NKJV) As human beings we cannot claim to know all things as we are limited. - The Holy Spirit is not bringing a new message but spreading what God and Jesus have already spoken. Proverbs 30:5-6 Do not add your own thoughts to God's Word. You need to spread the Word according to the revelation He has given.
5. He empowers us to win souls Acts 1:8 Jesus instructed the disciples to go spread the Word after the Holy Spirit came up on them. - When the Holy Spirit came upon the disciples, they did not immediately travel in Jerusalem, Judea and Samaria. Instead they stayed in their comfort zone.
Acts 8:1 Leadership is disturbance; being stretched to move out of your comfort zone. - Nothing grows in a comfort zone. - Only when the Church began to face persecution did the disciples go to Samaria and Judea.
Speaking in tongues: - You edify yourself - You speak the mysteries of God
Speaking in tongues allows the Holy Spirit to intercede for you according to God's will.